Parent Ambassador Group
We are delighted to share that behind the scenes we have been piloting our new Parent Ambassador Group.
The trial period will come to an end in the summer term of 2022, but we would like to inform parents that we are pleased with how the process is working and with the initial outcomes that have been achieved so far.
Group members meet each half term with an agenda. Thoughts and feedback shared by the group are then passed onto the Headteacher. After each meeting a list of priority actions are decided and reviewed again at the next meeting. This group is still evolving and moving forward we will aim to update actions and priorities on this website page.
Parent Ambassador Role
- Participate in half termly sessions – the purpose is to discuss areas of school where there could be further opportunities for improvement and provide positive feedback and constructive solutions.
- Understand the unique selling points of the school and help communicate these key messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Parent Ambassadors are representative parents rather than representative of parents.
- Continue to support and foster the school’s Catholic Ethos.
- Help to establish strong communication channels to share positive news, achievements and successes about the school both internally and externally.
- Encourage positive-home school relationships.
Parent Ambassadors 2021/2022
- Mrs Baker - Year 3 and 6
- Mrs Johnston - Year 3 and 5
- Mr MacIntyre - Year 2 and 5
- Mr Nigam - Year 2 and 4
- Mrs Taylor - Year 1 and 5
Mrs Cole was a member of the group until March 2022 when she became the new Parent Governor which meant she was not able to continue her role within this group.
Parent Ambassador Group Recruitment Process
The role requires a commitment of two years, meaning at the end of the summer term, current members will automatically renew for one more year. However, at this stage it has been decided to recruit a further two parents to the group who will begin in September 2022.
We will be looking for parent volunteers from Early Years and Key Stage 1 at this time. Further details on what the role involves and information on how to apply will be available in June 2022.
Please note, parents who have been part or involved in the following will not be eligible to apply: previous parent forum groups, on the Governing Board (or a partner of someone on the Governing Body), a member of the PTA committee.